Monday, October 26, 2015

Three Day Quote Challenge, Blogger style: Day one

My thanks to one of my favorite romance novel bloggers, Willaful of "A Willful Woman," for tagging me in a 3 day quote challenge. Fun to have bloggers, rather than just authors, sharing their favorites!

Here are the rules of the challenge:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you.
• Publish a quote on 3 consecutive days on your blog. The quote can be one of your own, from a book, movie, or from anyone who inspires you.
• Nominate 3 more bloggers each day to carry on this endeavor.


Quote for Day 1: A blast from the past: my favorite lines from Jane Austen, from her novel Persuasion. Captain Harville and Anne Eliot are discussing whether men or women are the more inconstant in love.

"I could give you fifty quotations in a moment on my side of the argument, and I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men."
     "Perhaps I shall. — Yes, yes, if you please, no reference to examples in books. Men have had every advantage of us in telling their own story. Education has been theirs in so much higher a degree; the pen has been in their hands."

Is romance what happens when women have the pen (or the keyboard) in their hands?


I nominate:
• Madeline Iva of Lady Smut
• Laurel Cremant of Romance Novels In Color
• Ridley of Love in the Margins

2 comments: